Lifted Square Body Chevy Dually – This beefy 1989 Chevrolet K30 pickup truck checks a lot of boxes if you’ve been looking for a vintage full-size pickup truck. First, there’s the great graphics running down the side; then there’s the 454 under the hood; it has a double rear axle;
It’s the crew cabin. It’s not easy to get all those qualities in one package, so this Chevy pickup is probably somewhat unique. Apparently it’s not tough either, with some upgraded tires and a four-inch suspension lift. The truck is listed here on eBay with an asking price of $28,500 to the best offer.
Lifted Square Body Chevy Dually
The proportions of the dual body are a bit ridiculous when viewed from this perspective. The bumpers are so wide! It always makes me think of a 930 Porsche with flared rear flanks; obviously, this isn’t an air-cooled Porsche, but there are some similar schools of thought here. The lift kit and bigger tires are a take it or leave it thing, but I can see why the seller did it. These trucks look good no matter what you do with them, and the body sure responds well to the oversized tires. And, in some ways, a lift kit is a must for any vintage truck, much like lowering a sports car is for two-door enthusiasts.
The Big Short: A Lifted, Custom ’89 Gmc Crew Cab Behemoth
The seller claims a mileage of just over 103,000 is correct, and the condition seemingly backs up this claim. It’s not pristine, but it’s not too tired either, with a clean maroon interior and matching carpets and door panels. There are definitely some details that could be cleaned up or otherwise improved, especially the area of the carpet that is a bit chipped. The seller states that both the air conditioner and heater work, as do the electric door locks and windows. Cabs on four-door pickups were pretty roomy even in the late 80s, and I can already see someone making a sweet tow rig out of this with a camper behind it and a wife and two kids spread out inside the truck.
The 454 doesn’t need much introduction; it’s a desirable engine with plenty of grunt and this truck’s engine bay is nicely detailed to boot. While the interior looks like a 100,000 kilometer truck, the engine bay has the look of a much fresher vehicle. The seller doesn’t detail any significant recent maintenance, but confirms that the Chevy benefits from new shocks and anti-roll bars as a result of a suspension lift kit. Overall, the truck looks pretty decent and the equipment list is accurate, but I wonder if there’s enough appetite to shell out over $28,5000 for it. What do you think – do these well-equipped K30s come close to that level of desirability? There’s something cool about square-body Chevy trucks that make them desirable even today. For some of us it’s the feeling of nostalgia they stir in our hearts, for others it’s just a simple and reliable old-school truck with pretty much endless off-road potential.
When Jordan Kepler, of Santa Ynez, California, decided he needed a cool truck capable enough to help him on his various 4×4 adventures in the mountains and desert, his choice fell on a rusty 1973 Chevy K30 Crew Cab truck that little by little it develops into an all-powerful off-road equipment.
– I started with a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 4×4 in high school, and then when I was able to buy my own truck, it started snowing.
Gmc C/k 1500 Series Sierra Square Body 1 Ton 4×4 Regular Cab Lifted Pickup
– I’ve always wanted a truck that can play both in the rocks and in the desert and I fell in love with the Chevy Silverado I had before and I wanted to keep the Chevy theme going.
– I wanted to be able to hang with my friends at the Rubicon and my friends at Glamis. (basically Johnson Valley) so that’s why I wanted to build 1 ton big axles with a Prerunner low kick.
– Every step is a challenge. I’ve never done any of this before and I’m learning as I go.
– I really like that I managed not to stray too far from the “stock” look and kept it clean. Everything I cut, I put back together in a decent way. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a resto, but I think it lives up to the squarebody K30 name.
Chevy K30 Dually V1.0 Fs22
– 1 ton axle swap, Dana 60 front with @fortifioffroad/ @robertscustomtrucks radius kit and 2.5 – 14″ spools from ADS. The rear is a fully floating 14 bolt with a trellis that I built a custom 4 link suspension for. I welded the lower arms in a box that houses the 2.5″ – 12″ coils and a 3.0 triple tube bypass shock from ADS. It should have about 13″ of travel in the front and about 22″ in the rear.
– I shortened the entire wheelbase by a foot and a half, rewelded the frame, hooked the bed to a 6.5′ bed (instead of 8′), then opened up the wheel wells. The rear wheel wells I cut, opened and re-welded the factory rim, and the fronts are 3″ extruded Hannaman fiberglass. a custom shock tower in the rear that also has mounting points for the Roam RTT.
– Repaired all the rust on the floors and rockers, completely removed the interior, sealed the interior of the cab and tied it to the frame. The Raptor also relined the interior and installed a custom set of PRP seats, buckets up front and a bench in the back. then place the Dometic CFX3 refrigerator as the center console.
– Custom roof rack to hold the 9 light pro6 light bar from KC hilites and update the stock round headlights to some 7″ KC LED headlights.
Bangshift.com Meet The $70,000 Square Body: This Restored 1987 Gmc Sierra K3500
– This will represent my knife company Lost Saskuatch, I will have Damascus accents all over the truck. (The brake levers, door locks, steering wheel cover and Chevy bow tie will be forged from Damascus in advance).
Follow the progress and learn more about this Chevy CK project by visiting the owner’s Instagram profile: @lost.saskuatch!
Stay tuned for more project reviews – Follow us on social media and share this post if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer with more than 10 years of experience in the field of aftermarket parts and 4×4 vehicle modifications. Passionate about off-road driving, outdoor adventures and an active lifestyle. Double of the Day: This Chevrolet square-body Dually might be the best for under $10K
Chevy Cheyenne K10 Fleetside 4×4, Lifted, Black & Tan, Square Body, B&b Farm Toys Exclusive By Auto World
As if the clean exterior, interior, and attitude weren’t enough, add a super low mileage 454 crate, 4L80e, and tons of other brand new parts and this clean crew cab 1983 Dually sounds like one hell of a thing. You didn’t read that wrong, not only is this nipple clean as a whistle on the outside, but it has everything new in the drivetrain and should provide hundreds of thousands of miles more of enjoyable towing duty. We see quite a few square bodies for sale here, and surprisingly there seem to be almost as many nice ones as there are total beaters. But you will rarely come across one like this.
If it was ours, we’d put a little camshaft in it because we know how much even a little extra can do for a big block Chevrolet. Of course, we’d drop it a few more inches, probably in the air, and add a few more little things to make it ride as good as it looks. It’s really hard to come up with much more than that given how beautiful it is.
1983 Chevi C30 Dually Lovered 3/5 (spindles front/rear wing) New shocks. Eagle 589 16×7 Aluminum with Goodiear Wrangler HP 245-75-16, 12k on new GM 454 crate, all new accessories with long air intake pipes and flowmaster exhaust system. Upgraded ProComp Fuel Injected Throttle Body, Remand GM 4L80E Trans with TCI Transmission Control Unit. Upgraded steering column with new upper/lower arms (bearings, rotors, breaks) and steering box. New Hidroboost and power steering pump with hoses, upgraded alternator (120A). New radiator with external oil cooler. New rear ring and pinion (3:73) main rebuild kit and outer axle bearings. Air Lift rear airbag towing kit. New headlights and position lights and new taillights and mirrors, new key cylinders. (some plugins yet to be installed). If interested, please call or text PJ (951) 317-6992
1962 Divco Milk Truck Greatness! The suspension, engine, transmission, and rear end are all done and at only $4000 they couldn’t be cleaner: this 1979 Ford F-250 is a truck lover’s dream rig! Fuel Injected 454 Turbo 400 4×4, Cold A/C, Two Tanks, Power Windows, Mirrors, Viper Alarm, Backup Camera, Digital Dashboard, Alpine Halo 9 Stereo w/Custom Speakers, Auxiliary & Amplifier Mounted Behind Seats, Clnt Paint, Accident Free , original sheet metal, led lights, no rust, no holes in the bed, tilt cruise everything works, 113,000 original miles Just a well maintained truck, $25,000,
Making A Chevy Square Body Dually
Holy shit, that’s nice!
Lifted chevy dually, square body chevy dually, lifted chevy duramax dually, square body chevy dually fenders, lifted 2015 chevy dually, lifted square body dually, square body lifted chevy, chevy 3500 dually lifted, lifted square body, lifted chevy dually for sale, lifted chevy dually trucks, custom lifted square body chevy